Monday, December 19, 2011

Getting to Know Your International Contacts- Part 3

I explored the UNESCO website. I noticed that their objectives are very similar to my goals in the early childhood field. The objectives that are similar to mine are as follows:
·         Attaining quality education for all and lifelong learning
·         Addressing emerging social and ethical challenges
·         Fostering cultural diversity, intercultural dialogue and a culture of peace
·         Building inclusive knowledge societies through information and communication (UNESCO).
My goals for the early childhood field are to help children and families live their best lives possible. I helping these families I want to teach children how to learn. Educate families on valuable resources that will beneficial to them. I want to help strengthen the family bond by promoting positive effective long lasting relationships. As I study early childhood education my goals become clearer and information strengthens my views on education.
With my goals in mind, I know they are not achievable without the help of continued professional developments. I believe networking is a key factor to having continued success. Joining organizations that have the same interest and missions as me will help me advance in this field. One day I hope to known as a leader and role model for other professional who share the same desire to work with children and families. I want to change the lives of children for the best!

1 comment:

  1. It is important to teach children how to learn. I also think that it is important to foster a lifelong love of learning early on. Great post and best of luck in your future courses! -Sarah Holtz

    ReplyDelete